Saturday, September 5, 2015

A Humble Request

Heya folks, your friendly rage blogger here. Yesterday, I was laid off from my day job. I've known this was coming for about two months now, and despite my best efforts, I haven't been able to find other employment.

It's never been easy for me to ask for help, but if I could somehow make this blog my job (or at least give me a little money to get by), that would be a dream come true. I never have, nor will I ever, put ads on this blog, because I've always hated ads.

In any case, if you need to take care of yourself, by all means see to your own needs first. I'll survive. But if you like what I'm doing here and can spare a buck or two, I'd be eternally grateful. I'm using a website called Patreon that uses a simple system where people can pledge to give X dollars per month, and nothing is charged until the end of the month. A few of my friends have used it, and I used it in more prosperous times to support a few internet folk whose creative works enriched my life. If you think I'm worth the support, I'd love ya forever (and give you some sweet rewards... see the page for details) if you can chip a little my way. I'll keep doing what I'm doing regardless, because I like doing this, but I have a mercenary soul. Money's a motivator, since ramen and my rent aren't free, sadly.

The Patreon page is here!

No comments:

Post a Comment